If your intention is weight loss, the following may be consumed with no limitations:
- Spring onions.
- Asian vegetables (e.g.: pak choy / bok choy).
- Red meat – including Beef, Lamb, Pork, Rabbit etc.
- Poultry – including chicken, turkey, duck, goose, quail, pheasant etc.
- Fish – including (fresh and saltwater species) salmon, tuna, white fish, sardines, herring etc.
- Molluscs – including oysters, scallops, mussels, cockles, snails, abalone, octopus, squid, cuttlefish etc.
- Crustaceans – including prawns / shrimps, crabs, lobsters, crayfish, krill etc.
- Nuts – including pecan, brazil, macadamia, hazlenut, walnut, peanut, almond, pine, pistachio, cashew.
- Nut based spreads (no added sugar) – including peanut butter, almond butter, etc.
- Oils – including extra virgin olive oil, canola oil, sunflower oil, walnut oil etc.
- Cream – including pouring cream, sour cream, crème fraîche.
- Cheese – including all naturally produced cheeses such as cheddar, tasty, swiss, gouda, fetta, ricotta, mozarella, cottage, brie, camembert, roquefort, gorgonzola, stilton etc. (Avoid processed, ‘light’, or flavoured cheeses).
- Orange – recommend 1 a day (for recommended daily intake of Vitamin C).
Most fruit is not on this list, as it is high in natural sugars.
- Black coffee.
- Green tea.
- Black tea – only if you find either black coffee or green tea unacceptable.
- Milk – a dash of milk (including soy milk) in any beverage is acceptable if it means that without the milk you would not be able to drink it.
- A small glass or two of red or white wine with your evening meal. Alternatively, a single shot of spirit.
Please note: This list is not necessarily comprehensive.